Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bookplanet: Libby's indictment is marketing ploy to sell his novel

Scooter Libby's 1996 novel, "The Apprentice," was all but forgotten until Mr. Libby, then Vice President Dick Cheney's chief of staff, was indicted on charges of obstruction of justice and perjury last month. Now it has taken on new life, and St. Martin's Press is rushing back into print 25,000 copies of the book, a thriller set in Japan in 1903, The Associated Press reported. "There has been an overwhelming response from the marketplace and from booksellers who want this book," said Sean Desmond, a senior editor at Thomas Dunne Books, a St. Martin's imprint. Mr. Libby has pleaded not guilty to charges of lying to investigators and a grand jury about his role in the leaking of information about the C.I.A. operative Valerie Wilson to reporters.

WATCH AUTHORS consider indictable offenses they could commit to sell books.

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam,

Found your blog today and spent some time reading through it. Good stuff, thanks! I'm thinking of doing one for my how to cast love spells site, but not sure I have the time to do it right. Yours looks so good though, I might!

Take care!

 
At 12/19/2005 2:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam,

Found your blog today and spent some time reading through it. Good stuff, thanks! I'm thinking of doing one for my bring back love spells site, but not sure I have the time to do it right. Yours looks so good though, I might!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home