Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

THE SEX REBEL OF JESUSLAND, mini-chapter 72

72. EZRA CALLS

The phone rang at her office.

“Eve. This is Ezra.”

“How did you get my phone number?”

She thought she was so far beneath him he would not be able to find her.

“I asked my secretary to call you. I don’t know how she does it.”

The powerful accept their power; they don’t have to know about its specifics. The power structure works naturally for them. Only us poor Beloveds have to work like slaves for every advantage. The powerful glide like sharks through the water, while we flutter in a school of sardines.

“Listen, we should catch up,” he said. “How about lunch? That would be something suitably Christian to do, don’t you think?”

“Indeed.”

“Have you got a favorite place?”

“I’ll leave that up to you. I mean, to your secretary.”

He laughed. “How about tomorrow?”

“Sorry, meeting of my prayer circle.”

“Day after?”

“Bible study group.”

“Next week then. Monday?”

“Church choir practice. My church is very near where I work, so it makes it easy for me to focus on getting very involved, doesn’t it?”

“Don’t you ever eat for lunch?”

“I’m free Thursday.”

“Good. My secretary will call you with the details.”

They were both chuckling when they hung up.

Hmm. He’s more fun than he was when we were married. Power is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home