Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Weird World: I guess I'm an African after all

Listen, I'm an American, a total New Yorker, I've lived here 25 years, but who am I rooting for in the US vs. Ghana World Cup game?
Ghana.
Why? Because they're African, and I grew up in South Africa, and I feel some atavistic connection with the one team from Africa still in the World Cup.
Bizarre. It takes something like the World Cup to find out where your heart is buried.
I just heard Ghana is 2-1 ahead in the second half, and I'm cheering.
Ghana. That's my team. I want to see them against Brazil.
Ohmigod. I just heard on NPR (the excellent Brian Lehrer) that Ghana won. Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home