Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Sex in the movies

Jonathan Lethem remembers that incredible sex scene in "Don't Look Now" between Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie, and writes: "This, to put it bluntly, is what I want. Not Donald Sutherland's buttocks in and of themselves, but films that install themselves this way in my sexual imagination, by making me feel that sex is a part of life, a real and prosaic and reproducible fact in the lives of the characters, as it is in my own life, and at the same time makes me feel that sex is an intoxicant, a passage to elsewhere, a jolt of the extraordinary which stands entirely outside the majority of the experiences of the characters, as it stands in relation to my own experience. I want the paradox. I want it all." Via Maud Newton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home