Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bookplanet: books invade supermarkets

Yep, there's a sale on fresh books in aisle 8.
"The literary center of Sterling, a northern Virginia suburb has all the trappings of a modern bookstore: an espresso machine, comfortable leather chairs and occasional book-signing visits from best-selling authors like Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark. Not to mention fresh vegetables and frozen foods. Supermarkets, long the domain of paperback romances, pulp thrillers and astrology guides, are the new frontier of book selling. Chains like Wegmans, Kroger and Albertsons have greatly expanded their book sections, adapting the techniques that move large amounts of Velveeta and Count Chocula and applying them to Nora Roberts and John Grisham." Read on.
Hey, the more places sell books, the better. They should sell books in restaurants and bars.

7 Comments:

At 5/02/2005 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an avid reader of your blog and especially of your serial novel "All the People You Can Eat," I was crestfallen when I logged on to your website on Friday and didn't see a new chapter. Please come back from whatever trip you may be taking--I know I'm not the only one who loves seeing what happens to the hopeless Domino next.

 
At 10/02/2005 8:06 AM, Blogger 8709 said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searcing for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a mens male enhancement reviews related site pertaining to mens male enhancement reviews related articles.

 
At 10/02/2005 2:29 PM, Blogger Ayoye said...

I did not have time to read your intire blog, so please forgive me, but I wanted to take the opportunity to invite you to look at mine for a way to better manage our unwanted goods using these services automobile encan and others like automobile encan, thanks for reading me

 
At 10/04/2005 3:33 AM, Blogger Trog said...

Nice blog I have one myself great idea horse racing betting calculator

 
At 12/20/2005 2:10 PM, Blogger Kim said...

My My, very interesting post.

I have a ugg boots adirondack
site. It a ugg boots adirondack
resource.

Come on over to visit sometimes.

 
At 1/08/2006 8:47 AM, Blogger Investment Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about capital investing investment risk
so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

 
At 9/24/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger Omar Cruz said...

These articles are fantastic; the information you show us is interesting for everybody and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it...:Great investment opportunity in Costa Rica: Jaco Condominiums for Sale, Jaco Condos,Jaco Condo Rentals. Visit us for more info at: http://www.jaco-bay.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home