Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Blogging about abortion with Dear Bitch

Your humble blogger got into an email exchange with his favorite blogger, Bitch Ph.D (see blogroll) about reframing abortion. She posted about it on her blog here. Comments following this post now number 54. Interesting stuff about debating with "life starts at conception" friends and other related matters.
Prof. Bitch is great, because she not only blogs about feminism and the academic life, but also about her cute kid and her open marriage. It's a fascinating blog because it strikes a perfect balance between the personal and the public: the essence of what makes blogs interesting. I read her for what she says -- and for how she lives.
I worry that my blog is all public and nothing personal. Maybe I should start blogging about something intensely personal, besides hating that muthafucka Bush. Like, er, I don't know, favorite animals to fuck, or why I like painting my penis an extremely bright fluorescent glow-in-the-dark orange. Ask me something really personal, and I'll answer.

8 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 7:44 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

Do you shave your balls?

 
At 6/29/2005 9:52 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

What, the little "what this naked girl is thinking" posts aren't personal?

 
At 6/30/2005 7:45 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Newyorkmoments: I once shaved my pubic hair -- I don't remember shaving my balls, them things are SO delicate, you women can never understand that, it's the other side of men not understanding childbirth, though maybe not that important -- but NEVER again. Jesus, it itched like I'd been stung by a thousand nettles. It drove me mad. Not even sex could relieve the itch. Does shaving the pussy make it itch when you grow the patch back?

Dear Bitch: I thought I was successfully managing to displace my personal feelings about naked women with those posts, but you've obviously seen right through me. I shudder to think what you see, because I can't quite tell what I'm revealing. I do have the best fun with it, so yeah, something personal is going on. I particularly liked my riff on the bum. Must be I'm an ass man. That's pretty personal, I guess. Maybe I should write a post about why I'm an ass man. Not that I'm against boobs. I like boobs plenty, oh God yes, but there's something about an ass, especially when it's dancing on a walking-away woman, that beats, say, Picasso's Guernica for piercing poignancy. Now I'm actually blushing in front of the screen. This personal posting doesn't come easy. How do you do it?

 
At 6/30/2005 3:50 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I hate when men shave their pubes and their balls. I like a full man-bush. When guys shave the pubic hair above their cock, it's difficult to create any friction w/ the clit & it's much harder to cum. So, the moral of the story is...guys--DON'T SHAVE YOUR PUBES!

I've been waxing my pussy for so long that I guess I'm used to it. It never itches.

 
At 6/30/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

Sometimes it itches, but mostly on the sides and right at the top, so not in the really sensitive areas. And I'm on record disagreeing w/ newyorkmoments: please do hair removal, b/c hair in the throat? No.

Re. how I do it: I intellectualize everything. Go through the archives; you'll see that while I talk about my sex life, I never actually talk about what turns me, personally, on, or about what I do in the bedroom, or anything like that. And when I talk about things like pubic hair removal, I do it in a dry and/or humorous way. I use frankness as a shield.

Even admitting that is proof of it. :)

 
At 7/01/2005 6:43 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Hair in the throat. Hmm. That's pretty frank about what you do in the bedroom. An enthusiastic deep-throater, you. What next?

 
At 7/02/2005 1:32 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

No, hair in the throat happens to just about everyone, I think. I kind of operate from the presumption that oral sex is not all that out there any more.

Is it?

 
At 7/05/2005 7:43 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Not in the US anyway. Rife, especially as a substitute for coitus among teenagers. Coming from South Africa 25 years ago, I was amazed at the prevalence of oral sex in the US then, quite unknown to me in SA.
The next frontier, I believe: oral sex between heteros, both male on female, and female on male (with strap-on).
I never heard anyone complaining about hair in throat before, I must admit. Not even about hair between teeth, which can happen to a guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home