Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Bitches I love

Over at one of my very favorite blogs, Bitch Phd, there's been a discussion about why nice guys don't get the girls (according to them) and a female counterpoint of these nice guys: bitches. Why do many men like bitches? As Prof. Bitch points out, there are always men who like strong, assertive, ambitious women, but why do men like your actual bitches? I got to thinking about bitches I've liked and like, and made me a list.

Some categories of OK bitches:
1. bickerers, like to complain and chip away
2. easily outraged, ranters, everything and everybody so unfair, you see what the Dems/Reps are up to now?
3. sarcastic snarks
4. fighters, like to pick a fight because they like a good fight
5. demanding, persnickety, never-satisfied, high-maintenance, I wanted peonies, not roses; won’t go out to dinner if you're gonna wear a baseball cap
6. lecturers, pointers out of faults, know-it-alls, running commentary on how they want to be fucked

Which bitch are you? Some OK bitches can have various bits of OK bitchhood in them. Some bitches only get bitchy when they're under stress, others are just naturally bitchy. Bitches can be OK because they've got other things going for them, or because a particular guy gets off on that particular brand/mix of bitchiness. I'm particularly partial to bitches (2) and (6).

5 Comments:

At 7/22/2005 10:35 AM, Blogger bitchphd said...

I have high maintenance tendencies, critical tendencies, when I am under stress I admit I have been known to pick fights, and I am snarky, though much less snarky that you'd actually think.

But really, I'm a nice person.

 
At 7/22/2005 11:40 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I'm happy to see you're no small-fry bitch, the bickering type who chips away. Myself, I'm working on getting rid of silent sulking, which is a jerk part of me I fucking HATE. I was going to work up a list of male jerk categories, but it's so endless it's useless. It would be nice to get a female overview though, from the perspective of dating maybe. There seems to be some gender differences: nobody complains about high-maintenance guys, for example.

 
At 7/22/2005 2:57 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

Silent sulking is totally high-maintenance. Like you're supposed to spend all your brain power trying to figure out what the other person is in a snit about.

Not that I've never been a silent sulker, mind.

 
At 7/22/2005 3:30 PM, Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

I actually am a mixture of all. But I think my snarkiness and my sarcasm are some of my best qualities.

 
At 7/22/2005 8:25 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Snarky sarcasm can be great, love it, but when it's used to wear a mate down to a mess of hurt feelings, it's a bitch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home