Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Internet is as bad as TV

Yesterday I spent 15 hours on the Net. A bit of it blogging, but most of it reading. Most of it reading blog comment threads!? Most of them about Cindy Sheehan?! One of them was 600 comments long.
I don't have a TV, because it's too distracting. I might have to get rid of the Net, too. But how? I need to be hooked up -- email and all. I need to read the NY Times. I need to blog. I need my computer to write. But did I work on my novel yesterday? No, the only writing I did was commenting on Cindy Sheehan threads and write for my blog.
What's going on? Eek! I've been hijacked by the Net. How can I be saved?

3 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 5:48 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh, I feel you on this one, Adam. Luckily being BlogCritic of the Day (congrats, btw) will surely help you let this blog go stale.
Now get back to work!

 
At 8/27/2005 7:05 PM, Blogger DrPat said...

This is worse than a bowlful of chocolate-chip cookies and a new Neil Stephenson novel for sucking time. Sooner or later, you have to do one of two things: let go of the comment Q&A in BlogCritics comments.

Or learn to type faster.

 
At 8/29/2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I think I learned a lesson from the 15-hour marathon. I only spent 5 hours on the Net yesterday. Still quite, a lot, but at least it's in the right direction. Dr Pat, those Blogcritic threads are awfully addictive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home