Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

THE SEX REBEL OF JESUSLAND, chapter 135

135. ADAM AND EZRA TALK

“What happened to Eve is monstrous. The law is monstrous. You were in cahoots with the law. You strung me along. You and the law are monstrous. The Men of the Gospel are monstrous. There is no difference between them and Gay Rectal Revenge.”

Adam felt reckless. He was saying things he should not say. Fuck it, he could say what he wanted. If he thought he couldn’t, that’s the old Beloved speaking. I’m a Blessed now. I’m above any Patriot Board.

“Adam, what are you saying?” Ezra’s voice lowered in sympathy.

“Eve is not a murderer,” said Adam. “The whole thing is twisted.” He was making it up, new thoughts were coming to him, thoughts he never had before.

“Don’t you agree with the pro-life laws?”

“Of course I do, but if this is what they lead to, I don’t.”

“Do you believe the unborn child has a life of its own?”

“Yes.”

“Do you believe that killing the unborn child is murder?”

“Yes.”

“Do you believe in capital punishment?”

“Yes.”

“So if killing an unborn child is murder, should it not be punished by death?”

“Killing an unborn child is always a matter of extenuating circumstances. You can’t blame the mother. She doesn’t know what is happening to her. It is easy for her to be confused.”

“Do you agree that hers is the primary responsibility?”

“Yes. But it will always be compromised because she’s the mother.”

“I don’t agree with you. For a start, you’re saying treasonous things that could get you into serious trouble.”

“I don’t care. You’re like everyone else. I would never have thought so before, but there is something deeply wrong with a society that would condemn a woman like Eve to death. You promised she would walk free. You set her up. You decided you’d get better ratings that way. And you are. Now there’s the whole controversy about burning her at the stake. You’ve already made the deal to film that, haven’t you? That was what you were doing while I’ve been waiting for you.”

“I swear I had no idea. What can I tell you to make you believe me?”

“I will never believe you. I’m taking my program back to Esther Todd.”

Ezra blanched. This was the one thing that could hurt him.

“I’ll program Jeremiah Luther against you,” continued Adam. “I’ll program every interview Jeremiah gives me against you. You know he allows himself to be interviewed only by me.”

“You have to believe me.”

“Jeremiah Luther will beat your ratings every time.”

Why didn’t I think of this before? Jeremiah’s freaky trust in me is the winning card in this business. My ace in the hole.

“But Adam, you’re the one who believes abortion is murder and that murderers deserve the death penalty.”

“Except mothers deserve extenuating circumstances. Eve deserves freedom.”

“Listen, Adam, I don’t agree with you because I don’t think that abortion is murder or that it is deserving of death.”

Adam looked at Ezra. What had the man just said? Had he heard Ezra right? Ezra was a hedonist, a sinner who liked to sleep with women, but except for this big sin, he was an impeccable Christian. He even created temptation so Beloveds could have something to repent of. He helped to make Christianity work smoothly. He had never said anything like this before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home