Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I once felt like planet Pluto

Your blogger once joined this famous advertising agency as a copywriter. I’d been there two months when another copywriter who’d been there a couple of years, got promoted to a senior status. The rest of us kind of worked in a pool. I thought of myself as an old salt because I’d been around the block a few times.

Then this young newly promoted copywriter – maybe 10 years younger than me -- came and high-mindedly informed me that she wanted to use me for something, and gave me some work. I felt like planet Pluto, somehow demoted and dwarfed, because this young whipper-snapper thought she could lord it over me, like some goddam jumped-up astronomer. I didn’t say anything; I simply ignored her, didn’t do the work she gave me, and nothing happened.

Keep your cool, Pluto. Stay in your orbit -- and ignore those astronomers who demoted you to a dwarf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home