Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

On being sick when you live alone

Fluish: swollen head, runny nose, achy lassitude: a great pass to feel sorry for myself. But I live alone, so I have to trudge out in the cold to buy food if I'm hungry, and cook it myself if I want anything hot and comforting. Being sick when you live alone -- it sucks. I'll summon my last strength to walk to the library and get some books, and live on boiled eggs and ascorbic acid for the next three days. Not even enough energy to masturbate. Or laugh. If Michelle Pfeiffer came and sat on my face, I wouldn't be able to stick out my tongue.

4 Comments:

At 2/23/2005 8:28 AM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

But you CAN blog? Michelle is more relieved than insulted, I guess, but I think that you need hospitalization QUICK!

 
At 2/23/2005 9:33 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Dear Ron, thanks for sympathy. I can indeed blog, and I wonder why? Is this what I'll be doing on my deathbed?

 
At 2/23/2005 11:23 AM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

Not if you "get over it"! Of course, blogging may be what kills you (by commision or omission) in the sweet by and bye.

 
At 2/23/2005 3:32 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I baked a fish, made a big salad, and feel better. Cooking and blogging will get you over anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home