Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

A review by 'Ethan Hawke'

Jonathan Safran Foer’s Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close reviewed on Amazon by someone who calls himself Ethan Hawke. 'This wonderfully insightful book presented me with quite a conundrum: laughter, or tears? As an actor, I can tell you: there’s no tougher emotion in the catalogue raisonne of the well-trained performer than mirth…or grief. And as the author of two hard-hitting novels I can back that up by saying it’s tough to express sadness and hilarity verbally. But this wonderfully insightful book had me rolling from side to side with belly-laughs, then scrunched into a tiny ball, wracked with sobbery. I don’t know how Foer does it. I am laughing now, as I write these words, but I can feel the tears backed up a couple of jobs in the old emotional queue. I’m buying extra copies of this book for all my friends, especially those who need help urging forth difficult emotions.' Who said satire is what closes Saturday night?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home