Adam Ash

Your daily entertainment scout. Whatever is happening out there, you'll find the best writing about it in here.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

New Alexandre Dumas novel found

It took Claude Schopp eight years to gather the text from old newspapers and other places, including a library in Prague. Then he kept the book secret until its publication now. When I was four, my Mom read me The Three Musketeers, and thus was born my love of books and desire to be a writer. What book changed you into a reader and/or writer? Comment please, anonymously if you like. More about new Dumas here.

2 Comments:

At 3/23/2005 5:41 PM, Blogger OBermeo said...

the book that made me a reader was a children's bible my mother gave to me at the age of five

the book that made me a writer was george orwell's 1984

take care!

 
At 3/24/2005 5:38 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I only read 1984 last year for the first time, and it immediately entered my top 20 list of favorite novels. What a book! What thinking went into it!
Adam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home